* The First Section class teaches postures 1 through 18 of the Cheng Man-Ch’ing Yang Short Form
– Once the First Section becomes natural and familiar, you will be ready to study the Second Section.
* The Second Section class teaches postures 19-37
* Form Review classes offer correction and an opportunity to more deeply explore the various postures and movements in the form, and begin to introduce warm up exercises and Sensing Hands.
All students are welcome to sign up for Form Review classes, although they may also include movements not yet taught to that point in the First or Second Session classes.
Weapons forms are areas of study available only for students who demonstrate advanced achievement in the postures and principles of Tai Chi, and have participated in Sensing Hands practice.
It is important that students adopt a patient and consistent attitude towards their Tai Chi Chuan studies. The form trains both mind and body, much like studying a musical instrument; classes are like lessons where information is imparted, and students are responsible for daily practice. Everyone progresses at a different rate, but consistent study and practice will yield the best results. Many students repeat either or both beginner sections more than once. It is far more critical to develop and maintain a deep foundation than to rise quickly through all levels of study.
Cash/Check at first class: OK
- List of 37 Postures (pdf)
- Ben Lo full form demonstration (my teacher Kim’s teacher)
- Ben Lo instructional video (postures repeated, in Chinese)
- First Section demonstration by Dr. Darin Henry
- Full form demonstration by Tricia Yu (CMC student)
- Various Ben Lo videos by Michael Jang on Vimeo
- Instructional audio recording for the Form by Kim Kanzelberger – contact Kim Kanzelberger for details